- Blogging seems to have started in 1994, and taken off in 1999, making it a pretty new phenomenon.
- The number of blogs is now well into the tens of millions or more
- The "blogosphere" is the collective community of all blogs
- I want pause and reflect on something and take the time to organize my thoughts
- I want to talk to my friends and others about things that matter to me (and hopefully them!), even when these people are far away
- I want to encourage people to think and grow
These are just a few thoughts and questions I have. I would love to hear yours. Why do you write blogs? More importantly, why do you read them?
p.s. Some of you might enjoy this video. Watch it if you feel you have the time. It didn't so much teach me new things as make me think about them a bit differently.